Number sense, concepts, operations,
data analysis and probability
Sunshine State Standards:
- Wireless computer
- Spreadsheet program
- Ecosystem Template
- Sticks (rulers work) and
Students work in pairs
- Create one-foot by one-foot plots of land in three different ecosystems
(one for each day of the project).
- Partner students and have them follow the directions on the worksheet.
- While the data is being collected and placed into the chart, a graph
- After the three days of data collection, write a paragraph about each
ecosystem using the observations and data. Also write a paragraph comparing
the three ecosystems.
- Scan a living and non-living
item from their plot to share with their presentation