Connection: Looking at the Data
Recording the Data
- On a small data table, each
group recorded the temperature that was in their jar.
- Using a large data table,
the information for the entire class was recorded.
- The mean, median, mode and
range were found for the data. These are all important math skills found
on the FCAT.
Creating a Line Graph
- A line graph was then created
showing the mean for the entire class.
- A large graph was used so
the students could see what was expected of them.
- Creating a graph gives students
practice identifying and labeling its various parts.
- Identifying trends and drawing
conclusions helps to solidify the students' understanding of the graph.