Discussion Questions/Research Topics
- Examine the records left by children who survived the Holocaust and those who did not, as well as the records of those who came into contact with these children.
- Many Jewish children were sent to England during World War II to be kept safe. Research the Kindertransport and use evidence to explain if the program was, in your opinion, a good solution to the problem.
- Focus on the lives and experience of children forced to endure the extreme hardships and unspeakable cruelty during this period of time.
- The Diary of Anne Frank is one of the most popular pieces of Holocaust literature ever written. Examine how Anne Frank's diary came to be published.
- Analyze the use of propaganda by the Nazis.