Observation/Proof Notes – This strategy allows students to make observations and support them through evidence from a text.
- The students read an assigned chapter or complete a unit of study.
- The students develop observations about what they have read. The observations are written in the left-hand column.
- The students write supporting evidence for their observations in the right-hand column. The evidence must be derived from the text along with the page number for reference.
- The students share their observation/proof notes with the class.
- Extension- The students may use their observation/proof notes to create a written report.