Exploring Florida History
Home > Florida in 3D > Military History > Fort San Marco II > Old Fort San Marco
Site Map

Old Fort San Marco

Old Fort San Marco
 
Old Fort San Marco, now Fort Marion. Built by the Spaniards in 1563. The thickest part of the fort walls is 40 feet and covers 5 acres. It was bombarded in 1744 by Gov. Oglethorp of the Colony of Georgia.
 
Photographer:
Unknown
Date:
Unknown
Publisher & City:
The Florida Club
Series & Number:
St. Augustine Views

Scan courtesy of The Florida State Archives, Tallahassee, Florida. Image retouched and converted to anaglyph in 2005 by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. View this image using 3D glasses with the blue lens over the left eye and the red lens over the right eye.

[previous photo][back][next photo]


Home > Florida in 3D > Military History > Fort San Marco II > Old Fort San Marco
Site Map

Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources for Students and Teachers
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology,
College of Education, University of South Florida © 2008.