Common Gallinule Perched on Palm Tree
- Description: A common gallinule perched on a palm tree that has grown horizontally into water. The common gallinule is a migratory bird, leaving northern areas during the winter for warmer climates, and can usually be found next to lakes, rivers, ponds, and other bodies of water as pictured here.
- Keywords: common gallinule, bird, lake, water, tree, palm tree, Fairchild Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Common Gallinule Perched on Palm Tree (23.5 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/26/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman