Lin Lougheed Spiny Forest of Madagascar
- Description: View of the Lin Lougheed Spiny Forest of Madagascar. In addition to cactus plants, pictured here are pachypodium geayi trees. Pachypodium geayi come from Southwest Madagascar and are succulent plants, which means that they can store water allowing them to survive in areas with little or no water. Spines also cover its trunk to aid in the collection of water.
- Keywords: plant, cactus, pachypodium geayi, tree, Madagascar Forest, Fairchild Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Lin Lougheed Spiny Forest of Madagascar (23.2 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/26/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman