Giant Lily Pads and Lotus Blossum
- Description: Giant water lilies and lotus blossum. Giant water lilies are part of the genus Victoria and plant family Nymphaeaceae. British explorers named this plant after Britain's Queen Victoria, but is native to South America. Notice the protrusions that cover the lily pad and stem of the lotus flower.
- Keywords: giant lily pad, lily pad, lily, lotus, flower, water, Fairchild Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Giant Lily Pads and Lotus Blossum (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/26/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman