- Description: Detailed view of a Taro plant, also known as elephant ear. Considered one of the earliest cultivated plants, taro has been consumed throughout history as early as 5000 B.C. possibly originating in Malaysia. It is still used as a vegetable in many countries throughout the world, especially oceanic cultures.
- Keywords: taro, plant, Fairchild Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Taro (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/26/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman