- Description: Mangrove trees along the shore. The complex root system of mangrove trees serve as a habitat for a great deal of organisms such as oysters, algae, barnacles, sponges, shrimp, mud lobster, and crabs. However, usually there are no more than twenty different species living in a mangrove habitat.
- Keywords: tree, root, mangrove tree, Kampong Garden
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Mangrove Trees (40.5 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/28/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman