Mangrove Tree Leaves
- Description: Detailed view of mangrove tree leaves. Because they live in salt water, mangrove trees have ways of keeping water from escaping through their leaves. They can close the pores on their leaves that allow water to be released. They can also arrange their leaves as to minimize the amount of sun that they are exposed to so that water does not evaporate as quickly.
- Keywords: tree, leaf, mangrove tree, Kampong Garden
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Mangrove Tree Leaves (40.5 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/28/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman