Monstera Deliciosa Leaf
- Description: Detail view of monstera deliciosa leaf. Monstera deliciosa is a vine that is endemic to the rainforests of southern Mexico and Central America. The leaves are relatively large, heart-shaped, and have holes in them. It produces a fruit that looks like an ear of corn. If the fruit is eaten before it is ripe it can cause immediate blistering, swelling, itching, and loss of voice. It takes a year to ripen. Monstera deliciosa is also called Windowleaf, Monstereo, Swiss Cheese Plant, and Mexican Breadfruit.
- Keywords: monstera deliciosa, plant, leaf, Kampong Garden, vine
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Monstera Deliciosa Leaf (8.2 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 5/28/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman