- Description: View of the railroad tracks leading to the historic Atlantic Coast Line Freight Station and Live Oak Union Passenger Depot built in 1903. Timucuan Indians also inhabited this area around the Suwannee River in the 1500s. They named the river Suwani, which means “Echo River.” Later, in the 1800s, Seminole Indians inhabited the area.
- Keywords: railroad, train station, Live Oak, Atlantic Coast Line Freight Station, Live Oak Union Passenger Depot, Live Oak
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Railroad (32.7 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Suwannee
- Date of Photo: 5/28/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman