Stephen Foster Memorial
- Description: Stephen Foster memorial placed in 1949. Songwriter Stephen Foster made the Suwannee River famous through his song, “Old Folks at Home.” Interestingly, Foster only visited the south once in his life, and he never saw the Suwannee River.
- Keywords: Stephen Foster, memorial, Suwannee River, Live Oak
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Stephen Foster Memorial (33.2 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Suwannee
- Date of Photo: 5/28/2008
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman