Cabbage Palm Tree
- Description: View of a cabbage palm tree. The heart of this palm is cabbage shaped, which is why it is also called a “cabbage palm.” This is sometimes taken out of the tree for food. In fact, Native Americans removed the heart to use in their food. Unfortunately, this practice will kill the tree.
- Keywords: tree, palm tree, cabbage palm tree, frond, Maclay Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Cabbage Palm Tree (57.7 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- Date of Photo: 4/1/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman