Poison Ivy Growing on Tree
- Description: Poison ivy growing on a tree in Maclay Gardens. Poison ivy contains urushiol which causes humans to have an allergic reaction. It is characterized by the three leaflets grouped together. While humans can have an allergic reaction if they come into contact with poison ivy, animals and birds are immune to any effects.
- Keywords: ivy, poison ivy, plant, tree, Maclay Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Poison Ivy Growing on Tree (57.7 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- Date of Photo: 4/1/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman