- Description: Detailed view of leaves. Leaves are structured for photosynthesis. They are very thin and flat in order to expose chloroplast, which is important in photosynthesis, and also to allow an efficient amount of light to be absorbed by the leaf during the process.
- Keywords: leaf, plant, tree
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Leaves (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- Date of Photo: 4/1/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman