- Description: View of two Canadian geese in a field of flowers within Maclay Gardens. Canadian Geese are migratory birds. They usually breed and nest in the north and migrate to the south in the winter. During winter migration these geese can be found anywhere in the United States. When they fly during migration, these geese will fly in a "V" shaped group called a "wedge" or "skein."
- Keywords: goose, bird, Canadian goose, Maclay Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Canadian Geese (57.7 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- Date of Photo: 4/1/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman