- Description: Two Canadian geese in a field in Maclay Gardens. Canadian geese are characterized by a black head and neck along with a white chin. They usually have brown plummage on their wings. A male goose is called a "gander," and a female is called a "goose." Females are usually a little lighter than males in color, slightly smaller, and have a different honk.
- Keywords: goose, bird, Canadian goose, Maclay Gardens
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Canadian Geese (55.3 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- Date of Photo: 4/1/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman