Formal Gardens in front of the Entrance
- Description: View of the tropical formal gardens and exterior of the cloister.The cloister was rebuilt over a 19-month period and took around 1.5 million dollars to be reconstructed. There are actually stones kept in the back of the cloister that were left over from construction. Interestingly, it took 8 years for the monastery to be built originally.
- Keywords: entrance, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, Ancient Spanish Monastery, cloister, monastery, tree, garden, plant
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Formal Gardens in front of the Entrance (26.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman