Sculpted Stone above Entrance
- Description: King of Spain Alfonso VII, atop a castle and two lions scultped into stone above the entrance to the cloisters. The castle, or "castillo" in spanish, represents Castilla or Castile, Spain. In combination with the lion, or "leon" in spanish, both symbols represent the kingdom of Castile and Leon in Spain.
- Keywords: sculpture, Alfonso VII, entrance, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, Ancient Spanish Monastery, cloister, monastery
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Sculpted Stone above Entrance (27.4 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman