- Description: View of the chapel. The chapel was originally a dining hall for the monks living in the monastery, but it has now been converted into a chapel used by the Episcopal Church. The Episcopal Church as a whole began after the American Revolution after it split with the Church of England. It now considers itself as somewhere between Catholicism and Protestant religions.
- Keywords: chapel, Ancient Spanish Monastery, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, monastery, cloister
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Chapel (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman