Cortez Coat of Arms
- Description: The Cortez coat of arms hanging from the ceiling along with the Diaz, Desoto, and Hernandez coat of arms. These families were considered Spanish royalty. The yellow and red flag in the middle of the coat of arms symbolizes the ancient Kingdom of Aragon in Spain.
- Keywords: Cortez, royalty, Spain, coat of arms, chapel, Ancient Spanish Monastery, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, monastery, cloister
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Cortez Coat of Arms (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman