Coat of Arms
- Description: Coat of arms hanging in the chapel of the Ancient Spanish Monastery. The words around the coat of arms read, "Castilla and Leon," which was a region in Spain, Castile and Leon, and is represented on the coat of arms by the pictures of the castle, or "castillo" in spanish, and the lion, or "leon" in spanish. It goes on to read "New World," represented by the anchors and mountains, followed by the words "God" and "Colony."
- Keywords: coat of arms, Spain, chapel, Ancient Spanish Monastery, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, monastery, cloister
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Coat of Arms (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman