Statue of Alfonso VII
- Description: Statue of Alfonso VII at the end of the cloister. As King of Spain during this time, he was said to have ordered the building of the monastery after his defeat of the Moors. The statue is life-size, with the King standing a mere 5'4''. This height was actually considered tall.
- Keywords: statue, Alfonso VII, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, Ancient Spanish Monastery, cloister, monastery
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Statue of Alfonso VII (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman