- Description: View of a cloister in the Ancient Spanish Monastery. The architectural structures featured here are characteristic of Romanesque architecture. Cistercian monasteries were characteristic of the other buildings built by the Church during this time. The enormous size and extensive use of stone was typical of many other churches and monasteries.
- Keywords: cloister, architecture, column, stone, arch, Ancient Spanish Monastery, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, monastery
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Romanesque Cloister (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman