- Description: View of the cloister from the chapter room. The monks of this monastery lived by the Rule of St. Benedict. Examples of the Rule of St. Benedict within the daily lives of the monks include silence accept in necessary conversation, lack of private possessions other than what is supplied by the abbot, reading aloud done by one monk during meals, eating two meals a day, manual labor, and being obediant in performing all required tasks.
- Keywords: cloister, architecture, column, stone, arch, Ancient Spanish Monastery, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, monastery
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Cloister (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman