- Description: View of the cloister from the courtyard. This monastery was inhabited by a Roman Catholic order of monks, called Cistercians. They were also called "white monks" because they wore white or white and black garments.
- Keywords: cloister, architecture, column, stone, arch, Ancient Spanish Monastery, St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, monastery
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Cloister (28.9 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Miami-Dade
- Date of Photo: 7/31/2007
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman