Columbia Restaurant Sign
- Description: Detailed view of the restaurant sign. The restaurant was started by Casmiro Hernandez, Sr. who named the restaurant after the explorer Christopher Columbus and the song, "Columbia the Gem of the Ocean." He even incorporated the song title into his restaurant's motto, "Columbia the Gem of Spanish Restaurants." His experience of the freedoms allotted in the United States drew him to the song, which skillfully captures the feelings of being free.
- Keywords: Columbia Restaurant, restaurant, Ybor City, Tampa, Florida, Spanish restaurant, Columbia
- TIFF File: A high resolution TIFF of Columbia Restaurant Sign (25.7 Mb) is available for download. This is a very large file suitable for printing. For most on-screen purposes, you should use the image displayed on this page instead of this TIFF.
- Source: Florida Center for Instructional Technology, Exploring Florida: Social Studies Resources
for Students and Teachers (Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, 2009)
- County: Hillsborough
- Date of Photo: 1/7/2006
- Photographer: Roy Winkelman