The Dr. Peck House sign. "The stone walls of this building were part of a house owned by the Royal Treasurer late in the First Spanish Period. During the British Period it served for a time as the home of Governor John Moultrie. In 1837 Dr. Seth S. Peck purchased the house and rebuilt it using the old walls and adding the frame second-story. It remained in the Peck family until willed to the City in 1931. A generous grant from the Flagler Foundation permitted extensive restoration in 1968."
Florida: A Social Studies Resource for Students and Teachers
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional
College of Education, University of South Florida © 2004.