The Cà d'Zan
The Cà d'Zan, or the "House of John, " is John and Mable Ringling's Venetian Gothic mansion on Sarasota Bay. "The imposing structure was originally intended to combine certain architectural features drawn from two of Mrs. Ringling's favorite Venetian hotels: the Danieli and the Bauer-Grünwald...The Ringlings moved into the mansion just before Christmas in 1926."
|Photo credit: The Florida Center for Instructional Technology, University of South Florida
Florida: Social Studies Resources for Students and Teachers
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional
College of Education, University of South Florida © 2002.