Plaza de Armas
View of the Plaza de Armas in the direction of the San Pable Bastion. The first and third (from left to right) doors led to arms rooms. The second door led to the food storage room. The fourth door led to ship's supplies and powder magazine. The fifth door originally was the entrance to the powder magazine. During the 1738 remodeling, this area was enlarged. The British later added a second floor to house troops. The sixth door led to a supply room.
Florida: A Social Studies Resource for Students and Teachers
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional
College of Education, University of South Florida © 2002.