Pre-test Learning Assessment Items
[Back to Test]
- Chemical reactions proceed at what rate(s) of speed:
All of these
- Which of these words describes a type of matter that is uniform in its composition?
- Which of these terms describes a substance that can NOT be decomposed into two or more simpler substances by ordinary chemical or physical means?
- What is the name of the following principle: “In every chemical operation an equal quantity of matter exists before and after the operation.”?
- The law of conservation of elements
The law of conservation of mass
- The law of definite proportions
- The atomic theory of matter
- 6.02 x 1023 is known as Avogadro’s number. What is this number?
- The number of electrons in an atom
- The number of atoms in a unit reaction
The number of atoms in a mole of an element
- The number of atoms in the universe
- What is the name of a negatively charged particle in an atom?
- Which of these correctly describes isotopes?
- The same number of neutrons but different numbers of protons
The same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons
- The same numbers of protons and neutrons
- Different numbers of protons and neutrons
- Which is NOT true about the periodic table?
- Horizontal rows are called periods
- Vertical columns are called groups
- Metals become more metallic the more to the left and the lower they are
The elements along the top row are gases
- When a concentrated solution is converted to a more dilute solution, which of the following does NOT happen?
More solute is added to a fixed volume of the original solution
- More solvent is added to a fixed volume of the original solution
- The volume of the solution increases
- The number of particles of solute stays the same
- Which of the following scientists is considered to be the "Father of the Periodic Table?"
- Isaac Newton
- Albert Einstein
- John Dalton
[Back to Test]