Mittelbau-Dora camp prison. A sign at the site reads: "The camp prison, officially known as the 'Detention Cell Building' and commonly called the 'Bunker,' was built away from the other barracks in summer 1944. The one storey stone building had a cellar and a yard to the south that was surrounded by a wall and an electrified wire fence. The yard served as a site for executions. The building held approximately 30 small cells, two quarters for the SS guards and an interrogation room."
Photo credit: Florida Center for Instructional Technology
A Teacher's Guide to the Holocaust
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology,
College of Education, University of South Florida © 1997-2013.