In the Original Words
Subject: Foreign Language
Grade Levels: 6 through 12
Sunshine State Standards:
- to read, translate, and discuss documents and reports of the Holocaust in the original language.
View all Sunshine State Standards
- Grades 6-8
- FL.A.1.3.2, 2.3.1, 2.4.3, 3.3.1
- Grades 9-12
- FL.A.1.4.1, 2.4.2, 3.4.1
- Electronic files, Web pages, or printed document and reports in their original language.
- Obtain the original text of Holocaust-related reports and documents from Web searches and other sources.
- Read, translate and discuss the reports regarding the shades of meaning in the different languages and regarding their historical and cultural significance.
Primary Sources of 20th Century Austrian History
The Man Who Stopped Hitler, and other readings in Italian
David's Holocaust Survivor Story, in French
Wannsee Protocol, in German
A Teacher's Guide to the Holocaust
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology,
College of Education, University of South Florida © 1997-2013.