Read the following excerpt from a Nazi document:
Approximately 11 million Jews will be involved in the final solution of the European Jewish question, distributed as follows among the individual countries: Country Number A. Germany proper 131,800 Austria 43,700 Eastern territories 420,000 General Government 2,284,000 Bialystok 400,000 Protectorate Bohemia and Moravia 74,200 Estonia - free of Jews - Latvia 3,500 Lithuania 34,000 Belgium 43,000 Denmark 5,600 France / occupied territory 165,000 unoccupied territory 700,000 Greece 69,600 Netherlands 160,800 Norway 1,300 B. Bulgaria 48,000 England 330,000 Finland 2,300 Ireland 4,000 Italy including Sardinia 58,000 Albania 200 Croatia 40,000 Portugal 3,000 Rumania including Bessarabia 342,000 Sweden 8,000 Switzerland 18,000 Serbia 10,000 Slovakia 88,000 Spain 6,000 Turkey (European portion) 55,500 Hungary 742,800 USSR 5,000,000 Ukraine 2,994,684 White Russia excluding Bialystok 446,484 Total over 11,000,000
1. From what document was the above excerpt taken? Choose the best possible answer and then click submit to check your answer.
2. People murdered because of Nazi doctrine included
Please check the best possible answer.
To check your answers, click the submit button.
3. The Nazi answer to the "Jewish question in Europe" reached atWannsee in 1942 was called
4. The killing factories created to annihilate European Jewry were called
5. Roughly what percent of the Jewish population died as a result of the Holocaust?
6. How old were the majority of Holocaust victims?
7. Those people sent to the six Nazi death camps
Review the Camps sub-section of Timeline.
| Nazi Party | Nazification | Ghettos | Camps | Resistance | Liberation | Aftermath |
A Teacher's Guide to the Holocaust
Produced by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology,
College of Education, University of South Florida © 2005.