to your FCAT Mathematics Reference Sheet to answer each of the following.
- Make a drawing of a trapezoid.
- Write the formula for the
volume of a sphere. ______________
What is the volume of a sphere with a radius of 3 inches? _________________
- Write the formula for the total surface area _____________________
and the volume ________________________ of a right circular cylinder.
Use the correct formula to find how many ounces of broth could be held
in a cylinder that has a radius of 2 inches and a height of 7 inches
if every cubic inch of volume contains one-fourth ounce of broth. Round
your answer to the nearest whole number.)
- Find the circumference of a circle with a radius of 14 cm. Use the
fractional value for pi (þ) that is given on your reference sheet.
- What is the sum of the interior angles of a regular pentagon? (5 sides)
- If the equation of a given line is y = x
+ 2, what is the slope of the line, and what is its
y-intercept? Slope _____ y-intercept _____
- Write out the Pythagorean Theorem . _______________ The hypotenuse
is represented by the letter ____ and the two legs are represented by
the letters ____ and ____ . Find the length of the hypotenuse of an
isosceles right triangle with legs of 5 units. Round your answer to
the nearest hundredth or give the exact square root answer. _________
- Write the formula for the distance between two points. _____________________
Use this formula to find the distance between the points (-1, -1) and
(3, 3). ________
- Write the formula for simple interest. _________________
Find the simple interest on a loan of $300 for 8 months at 6% annual
- Write the distance, rate, time formula. ________________
Using this formula, how long does it take you to drive 780 miles at
65 mph? ______
- Write the formula for the midpoint between two points. ___________________
Find the coordinates of the midpoint between the points (8, -3) and
(-2. 11). ______
- How many inches are in a yard? _____ How many in
- There are _____ feet in a mile. What part of a mile is 1320 feet?
- How many cups are in one gallon? _________
- How many ounces are in one quart? _________
Find the area of each figure.
Find the volume of each figure.
Used by permission
of Cheryl Greenfield, Gibbs high School, 2002.
for this Assessment and Evaluation Services Publication
for reproduction of this document is hereby granted to persons acting
in an official capacity within the State System of Public Education as
defined in Section 228.041(1), Florida Statutes. The copyright notice
at the bottom of this page must be included in all copies.
Assessment and Evaluation Services
Florida Department of Education
Turlington Building, Room 414
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
State of Florida
Department of State