Active Learning | Adaptation Level | Math
- Students will create visual representations of fact families using KidPix software
- They will develop fact families independently
- They will solve simple addition and subtraction problems
- Students will learn how to use drawing tools to create visual representations of a house and create fact families as the teacher models the process using a laptop and LCD projector.
- Students will then work in groups to create their own houses and fact families.
- Then students are to create addition and subtraction problems using their fact families.
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use developmentally appropriate multimedia resources (e.g., interactive books, educational software, elementary multimedia encyclopedias) to support learning.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Desktop and laptop computers
- LCD projector
Grade Level: 1st