Active Learning | Adaptation Level | Science
- Design a futuristic city with low commute time, high tech industry, low amounts of water and air pollution, and that meets the needs of its' residents by providing enough food, electricity, and water while staying within budget.
- Design a futuristic city using Sim City software.
- Create a physical model of the city.
- Create a presentation explaining their city.
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Demonstrate knowledge of current changes in information technologies and the effect those
changes have on the workplace and society.
- Use content-specific tools, software, and simulations (e.g., environmental probes, graphing
calculators, exploratory environments, Web tools) to support learning and research.
- Collaborate with peers, experts, and others using telecommunications and collaborative tools
to investigate curriculum-related problems, issues, and information, and to develop solutions
or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Sim City Software
- A computer for each group
- Internet access for research
Grade Level: 6-8