Constructive Learning | Entry Level | Science
- The students will understand the functions of the human body system.
- The students will know how personal health behaviors influence individual well-being.
- The students will know the ways in which the environment impacts health.
- The students will recognize the costs and risks to society and the environment posed by the use of nonrenewable energy.
- The students will know that reusing, recycling, and reducing the use of natural resources improve and protect the quality of life.
- Review lungs and breathing.
- Use BrainPop to review air pathway in body.
- Discuss dangers of smoking and reinforce with pictures of black lungs.
- Investigate other sources of black lungs, i.e coal mining. summarize and end on individual health choices and community health decisions.
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
Grade Level: 3rd