Constructive Learning | Transformation Level | Science
- Use Garage Band software to record presentation on their invention.
- Share information on their invention through a podcast.
- Upload podcast to school website.
- Students had previously created their own inventions and participated in an invention convention. This particular lesson will introduce Garage Band and provide instruction on how to use the software to record the students sharing information on their inventions.
- Students then create a podcast that will ultimately be uploaded to the school website for open access.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively. (1)
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
- Use telecommunications and online resources (e.g., e-mail, online discussions, Web environments) to participate in collaborative problem-solving activities for the purpose of developing solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (4, 5)
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5, 6)
Grade Level: 3-5