Goal Directed Learning | Adoption Level | Social Studies
- To become experts on a particular part of history.
- To select what information is most important when researching the topic.
- To be able to share that knowledge with others, through application toward a presentation.
- Two Students choose a chapter, which interests them, from the social studies textbook that we will NOT get to at the end of the year.
- They research it from a variety of sources, including the Internet.
- They create a folder on the computer desktop to collect a minimum of 20 photos, graphs, etc. on their topic.
- They write a script based on the most important information to share with the class on their topic.
- They need to include two people from the period of history to include ( one biography for each of the two students) in the imovie.
- Bring the photos into the imovie program. Include titles, special effects, transitions, the Ken Burns effect.
- Practice reading the script in short segments, and then record it.
- Link the script to the pictures.
- Add any last effects, or titles, and a music track if desired.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Technology productivity tools tudents use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity. Students use productivity tools to collaborate in constructing technology-enhanced models, prepare publications, and produce other creative works.
- Technology communications tools students use telecommunications to collaborate, publish, and interact with peers, experts, and other audiences. Students use a variety of media and formats to communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences.
- Technology research tools students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources. Students use technology tools to process data and report results. Students evaluate and select new information resources and technological innovations.
- Computers for all students
- Additional reference materials
- Burn their iMovies onto a CD for them as part of their portfolios.
Grade Level: 3-5