FCIT > Matrix Home >
Authentic Learningshared computer access
Grade Level: K-2
- Students will develop literacy skills independently.
- Students will use basic computer skills such as keyboarding by using phonics games online.
- Have a small number of laptops setup as a station in reading rotations as teacher meets with other small groups for guided reading.
- Introduce students to relevant websites such as www.Starfall.com
- Allow students to explore websites and practice skills. For example, Peg the Hen on the Learn to Read section on www.Starfall.com
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes and other technologies.
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Have a volunteer help students learn to use sites.
- Try www.earobics.com
FCIT > Matrix Home > Authentic Learning, Entry Level, shared computer access