Teachers will be amazed at the easy-access of health materials right at their fingertips! Verizon Thinkfinity has enlisted content partners from respected organizations who contribute to each academic subject and literacy. All activities are grade-specific and are aligned to the state standards.
Locate classroom-ready lesson plans and other online materials that you can quickly integrate into your classroom curriculum. Many lesson plans contain student activity sheets and resources that can easily be printed and used with students. Assessment ideas and extension activities are also a helpful ingredient in most lessons.
Science NetLinks is a vital partner of the Verizon Foundation and contains standards-based lesson plans that incorporate reviewed Internet resources. Each lesson is written for the teacher, but includes student-ready materials such as student activity sheets that can be copied or E-Sheets which are online worksheets that enable students to work directly in the designated Internet activities.
Try YOUR hand at locating health resources from Science NetLinks. Follow the instructions below:
- Open your Internet browser and navigate to the Verizon Thinkfinity web site by typing www.thinkfinity.org into the address line.
- In the search box, type the word, virus, and click Search.
- In the list of Search Results, scroll down and click on the Science NetLinks lesson entitled, “Viruses/Infectious Diseases: What’s Really Bugging You?”
- Read through the activity and access the student activity sheets.
- Locate the Benchmarks and Resources Links to the left of the page.
Each lesson within this site contain a well-balanced selection of materials that can be easily accessed and used!