Part 1: Identifying Performance Targets and Tasks
- Visit the Sunshine
State Standards -- select your content area and grade level.
- Identify at least three benchmarks that could effectively be
measured via performance assessments.
- For each benchmark you identified, outline a potential performance
Part 2: Creating a Rubric
- Using a performance target from your classroom, outline the
dimensions and the criteria for a rubric (with a rating scale)
on paper or on the computer.
- Access RubiStar
or another online tool to create a rubric.
- Create a rubric with your information.
- Share your rubric with other teachers in your area, asking for
- Send a copy of the final rubric (or the URL for the rubric)
to your instructor.
Part 3: Outlining a Portfolio
- Assuming that you have all of the necessary hardware, software,
and technology skills, outline the contents of a portfolio for
the students in your classroom. Your outline should include:
- A list of content (worksheets, stories, etc.)
- A recommended organization structure
- Ideas for format -- Would you recommend paper-based or electronic?
What media elements (such as a video) might you include?
- Send a copy of your outline to your instructor.