Measurement, algebraic thinking
Sunshine State Standards:
- Spreadsheet program
- Meter Sticks
Students work in pairs
- Have students help each other measure different body parts of your
- Have the measure the height of the students.
- Have both students enter
their data into the same spreadsheet.
- Then, have students make bar graphs that display their data.
- Have students write a paragraph that explains the results of the data
that was collected.
- Then, have students write a paragraph that describes the relationship
(or lack of one) between body part length and the length of the entire
body. Students will use their data to support their conclusions.
- Have students write a paragraph
comparing their results to their partners results