- After the students practiced
measuring a long distance, they went outside.
- Each student ran the distance
the child-sized bug would have run and the time was recorded.
- Then one student from each
group ran for 10 seconds.
- The other group members
measured the distance the student ran.
Solving a Problem
- Here, one group is having
- The teacher calls a conference
with the group.
- She helps them identify
the problem and find a solution.
- The students are then able
to measure the distance successfully.