mapsExploring Florida
 FL Maps > Region > 1860-1879 > A Map Showing the 65,000 Acres of Land Owned and Controlled by the Florida Land and Immigration Company, 1876
Site Map 

A Map Showing the 65,000 Acres of Land Owned and Controlled by the Florida Land and Immigration Company, 1876



Puzzle Directions: Click on a puzzle piece and drag it where you want it. When you connect two pieces correctly, they will join together. Mix up the pieces again. View finished map in pop-up window.

Title: A Map Showing the 65,000 Acres of Land Owned and Controlled by the Florida Land and Immigration Company
Projection: Unknown
Source Bounding Coordinates:
W: E: N: S:

Back to Map Page
Description: Digitization provided by the USF Libraries Digitization Center. Rare Maps. This map covers portions of Florida between Cedar Key and Fernandina. It shows names of land-owners, inland waters, cities and towns. The map is accompanied by illustrations: Train in Great Gulf Hammock; Pine and palmetto trees in Gulf Hammock; Lake Santa Fe from the Balmoral Hotel; Lake Sante Fe; General Elias Earle's orange grove; Kingsley's Lake; Banana Avenue at Temple Mills; Burrin's house at Lawtey Station; Largest and oldest orange tree in Florida. Land advertisement at bottom of map reads: “40 Acres of above Lands for $50. Sold only to non-residents of the state, to whom reduced transportation is given.” Section Township Range (STR) based on the Tallahassee Prime Meridian and Tallahassee Base Line is shown as well as the large Arredondo Land Grant around Gainesville. Land ownership by the Florida Land & Immigration and the Florida Railroad Bondholders’ is differentiated. Measurement dimensions: 98 x 50.5.
Source: E.O.W Koerner, Florida Land & Immigration Company (New York, NY: American Photo Lithographic Co., 1876)
Map Credit: Courtesy of the Special Collections Department, University of South Florida.
SearchLicensePDF HelpGIS Help Google Earth Help Zoomify Help

 FL Maps > Region > 1860-1879 > A Map Showing the 65,000 Acres of Land Owned and Controlled by the Florida Land and Immigration Company, 1876