Professional Development Resources
The following resources have been developed to assist teachers, schools, and districts in applying the Technology Integration Matrix as part of a comprehensive technology integration plan.
- Summary Indicators – Printable Technology Integration Matrix
- The Table of Summary Indicators is a one-page PDF that includes short descriptors for each cell of the Matrix.
- Student Indicators – Printable Technology Integration Matrix
- The Table of Student Indicators is a two-page PDF that includes detailed descriptors for student activity for each cell of the Matrix.
- Teacher Indicators – Printable Technology Integration Matrix
- The Table of Teacher Indicators is a two-page PDF that includes detailed descriptors for teacher activity for each cell of the Matrix.
- Instructional Setting Indicators – Printable Technology Integration Matrix
- The Table of Instructional Setting Indicators is a two-page PDF that includes detailed descriptors for instructional settings for each cell of the Matrix.
- TIM 2.0 Presentation
- This is a PDF version of the slides presented at the launch of the revised TIM (Florida Educational Technology Conference, Orlando, FL, 2011).
- TIM Introductory Presentation (Keynote format)
- The TIM Introductory Presentation can be used for a staff development workshop or for individuals. You may choose to use parts of this presentation, to intersperse activities, and to view video example lessons of each level or characteristic from the TIM.
Background and Research
The references listed below include both publications about the Technology Integration Matrix and other published work that informs the evaluation of technology use in teaching and learning. All credit and responsibility for these works belongs to the authors listed below.
- Allsopp, M. M., Hohlfeld, T., & Kemker, K. (2007). The Technology Integration Matrix: The development and field-test of an Internet based multi-media assessment tool for the implementation of instructional technology in the classroom. Paper session presented at the annual meeting of the Florida Educational Research Association.
- Apple Computer, Inc. (1995). Changing the conversation about teaching, learning, & technology: A report on 10 years of ACOT Research. Cupertino, CA: Apple Computer, Inc.
- Barron, A. E., Kemker, K., Harmes, C., & Kalaydjian, K. (2003, Summer). Large-Scale Research Study on Technology in K12 Schools: Technology Integration as It Relates to the National Technology Standards. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 25(4), 489-507.
- Hogarty, K.Y., Lang, T. R., & Kromrey, J. D. (2003). Another look at technology use in classrooms: The development and validation of an instrument to measure teachers' perceptions. Educational and Psychological Measurement. 63(1), 137-160.
- Jonassen, D., Howland J., Moore, J., & Marra, R. (2003). Learning to solve problems with technology: A constructivist perspective (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.