1. TIM Tools Admin Center
The Admin Center provides for management of the TIM Tools suite of applications.
- Admin Center Access
- Admin Center Dashboard
- Managing Zones (for Districts)
- Managing Zones (for Regional Service Agencies)
- Managing Zones (for Education Ministries, Consultants, Grantors, and Others)
- Managing Schools
- Uploading and Updating Members
- Profile Screen
- Changing Passwords
- Defining Roles (for Districts)
- Defining Roles (for School Licensees)
- Defining Roles (for Education Ministries, RSAs, Consultants, Grantors, and Others)
Working with Data
- Participation Overview
- Downloading ARTI Data
- Downloading TIM-LP Data
- Downloading TIM-C Data
- Downloading TIM-O Data
- Downloading TIM-R Data
- Downloading TUPS Data
- Using TUPS, TIM-O, TIM-R, and TIM-LP Templates
The Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey provides essential information for planning technology infrastructure and support and identifying the perceptions and PD needs of teachers.
- TUPS Intro
- Collection Frameworks
- TUPS Intro and Closing Text
- Customizing TUPS Sections and Items
- Accessing School or District TUPS Data
- TUPS Report Template
3. TIM-O / TIM-LP / TIM-R
These three tools are for classroom observation, lesson plan review, and teacher reflection.
- TIM-O: Beginning an Observation
- TIM-O: Question-Based Method
- TIM-O: Matrix-Based Method
- TIM-O: Finishing an Observation
- TIM-O: Print or Share an Observation with a Teacher
- TIM-O: Editing Previous Observations
- TIM-O Report Templates
- Accessing School or District TIM-O Data
The TIM-C allows a coach and client to document the goals, activities, progress, and outcomes of a coaching cycle.
The ARTI tool provides a framework for teachers to design and conduct their own action research projects.
6. Report Tool
The Report Tool allows a school or district to create TIM-LP, TIM-O, TIM-R, or TUPS reports.
- Report Tool Intro
- Building a New Report
- View, Edit, or Delete Reports
- Interpreting TIM-O Report Data
7. Survey Tool
The Survey Tool allows a school or district to create internal or external surveys on new topics as needed.
- Survey Tool Intro
- Creating a New Internal Survey
- Creating a New Public Survey
- Adding Questions to Your Survey
- Customizing a Library Survey
- Viewing Survey Results
Have a question?
Email us at TIM@fcit.us anytime. We want to help you get the most out of your TIM Tools account!
TIM Tools 7.0 Administration Guide
Table of Contents
Welcome to the TIM Tools v7.0 Administration Guide! Here is all the information you’ll need to set up and administer your TIM Tools instance. As you peruse the Guide, please keep two things in mind:
1. Once you are in your TIM Tools instance, you’ll find that the controls are generally self-explanatory. There’s no need to “study” this Guide before you get started. A quick skim through the topics should be all you need.
2. We want you to be successful! We understand that every school and every district is unique. We’ve built TIM Tools with flexibility in mind. If you ever have any questions about setting up or managing your TIM Tools instance, we are always ready to help! Shoot an email to TIM@fcit.us and we’ll answer your question or schedule a phone call or video conference to walk you through any aspect of using TIM Tools to meet your specific needs.
Seven Sections of the Administration Guide
1. TIM Tools Administrative Center
The Administrative Center provides for management of the TIM Tools suite of applications. Here is where you’ll enter your school and member information, assign member roles, customize your instance, and download your data.
The Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey is the perfect tool to use annually, or at the beginning and end of any technology project to measure the changes in how teachers relate to technology in their work. It supports teacher inquiry by providing the teacher with a tool for recording changes in classroom usage of technology. The information is also useful for planning technology infrastructure and support and getting a snapshot of the perceptions of teachers.
3. TIM-O / TIM-LP / TIM-R
The TIM Observation tool is designed to guide principals, teachers, and others through the process of evaluating the level of technology integration within a particular lesson and helps to provide a clear picture of the professional development needed to support further technology integration. Two variations of the TIM-O are available within TIM Tools. The TIM-R allows for teacher reflection and the TIM-LP is used for lesson plan review.
The TIM Coaching tool allows a coach and client to document the goals, activities, progress, and outcomes of a coaching cycle. The TIM-C can be used in any subject area and with most coaching or mentoring models. Either the coach or the person being coached can initiate a cycle. The TIM-C can also be used for self-coaching.
The Action Research for Technology Integration tool provides a framework for teachers to design and conduct their own action research projects. ARTI takes teachers through the five basic steps of an action research project including: identification of a question, description of the context, data collection, analysis, and the creation of findings.
6. Report Tool
The Report Tool allows a school or district to create new reports using the Report Builder. Choose the option to create new TIM-LP, TIM-O, TIM-R, or TUPS reports. Use the Report Tool Dashboard to review the number of complete, incomplete, published, and unpublished reports in your system. View all previous reports, along with newly created reports, in the Report List.
7. Survey Tool
The Survey Tool allows a school or district to create surveys on new topics as needed. The surveys can be offered to TIM members only or made available to the general public. Surveys can be built from scratch or users can start with a survey from the included library of sample surveys.
Related Websites and Information
The Technology Integration Matrix (TIM) is used in classrooms around the world to achieve meaningful technology integration rooted in an understanding of pedagogy and content knowledge. Visit the TIM website to view the Matrix and additional professional development resources.
The Teaching and Learning with Technology blog includes posts specific to TIM Tools such as TIM-Powered Research and Evaluation, “How often should we administer the TUPS?”, Custom Banners for Your TIM Tools Instance, Rockin’ Roles in TIM Tools 6.0, Leveraging TIM Tools Roles for Research and Evaluation, or How many observations do I need? Subscribe today!
iTeach Professional Learning courses are designed to help educators and administrators successfully integrate technology into teaching and learning. Three TIM-specific courses are available: Implementing TIM Evaluation Tools, Implementing the TIM Observation Tool, TIM for Instructional Planning, and TIM Observer Training. To purchase individual or group registration vouchers, please contact us for a written quote.
Want To Know More?
Schedule a personal walk-through of the TIM Tools for yourself or your staff. See how this flexible set of technology integration tools will meet your school or district's specific needs.
Get an Instant TIM Tools Quote!
Use our no-obligation quote generator to create an instant TIM Tools license quote you can submit to your school or district's purchasing department.